The copy editor is responsible for ensuring all orders are free of errors in grammar, punctuation, tone, spelling, context, content and accuracy. The copy editor also will help copywriters improve their work by documenting errors and providing feedback. Some administrative duties are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all text is in line with clients’ preferred style
- Check accuracy of published business addresses, websites, phone numbers, advertised prices and all other relevant information
- Check structure and flow of text, as well as grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Organization and Quality Assurance
- Update and maintain error logs to record quality performance
- Track orders and ensure deadlines are met
- Work with copywriting manager to discuss team errors and ways to help writers maintain quality of work
- Mentor copywriters when needed
- If necessary, take on copywriter role in processing orders
- Other Production Responsibilities
- Maintaining productivity and accuracy standards for the role and submit to Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) when necessary.
- Accepting tasks assigned by superiors and/or Team Leader with minimal handover.
- Regularly coordinating, collaborating and interacting with team members to ensure cross-learning and continuous improvement.
- Abiding by the policies and rules of the company and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Performing/rendering other duties or special projects, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English Studies, or related disciplines
- 1-4 years of experience in writing or editing advertising copy or in writing or editing for print, broadcast, or digital media
- High attention to detail and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and can manage multiple projects independently
- Must have a team approach, work well with others, and build relationships across all parties (internal teams and clients)
- Must be willing to work in a graveyard shift/shifting schedule
- Applicants must be willing to work in UP Ayalaland Technohub, Diliman, Quezon City and in Cyberscape Gamma, Ortigas Center, Pasig City