The Web Designer coordinates and implements new web development, maintenance, modification, and enhancement. The incumbent negotiates system architectural needs, analyzes system and business requirements, estimates scope, and develops project plans from written specifications. Additionally, the Web Designer collaborates with user departments and other technology teams to implement work requests and support production systems.
- Web/ graphical design skills - Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge and application of best practices in web design
- Understanding of Content Management Systems concepts and design either in WordPress, SilverStripe, Mambo, MODX, Concrete5, PrestaShop, CMS Made Simple, Textpattern, ExpressionEngine, and Joomla.
- Knowledge ng Beaver Builder is a plus
- Experience with well-optimized graphics and understanding of how they relate to the quality of web-based output
- Understanding of web navigation, usability principles, and how code is displayed in various web browsers
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization
- Average to strong communication skills
- Must have 10mbps and up internet connection and own PC/laptop