Senior Product Manager: Technical Product Manager; User Experience
AffinityX is the global partner for building, deploying, and scaling marketing campaigns across digital and print platforms for agencies, franchise owners, media entities, creators, and small business groups.
Whether launching a new offering or increasing revenue on an existing product or service, AffinityX’s client-first team delivers the creative, media, production, technology, and training needed to execute with precision and achieve growth goals.
About Our Team
At AffinityX, there is both an “art” and a “science” that come together to power our ability to solve complex marketing challenges.
To build lasting growth, we seek those who think differently and investigate all potential solutions before arriving at a recommendation. Those who are not afraid of change and are deeply connected with a desire to provide stability and solve problems. Those who know that a successful campaign is just as important as staying up to date on the latest industry trends, and thrive on supporting our clients’ success in everything they do.
People who can combine industry knowledge with a passion to serve and care for the enablement of others. We’ll provide a framework for success through training, technology, and processes. We put our know-how to the test for our clients, supporting their needs and providing a truly exceptional customer experience.
The technical product manager will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Technology, Operations, and Product teams to build new user interfaces to streamline the ways in which small businesses and our partners interact with us. This role will help to define requirements, select third-party tools, provide feedback to technical and design teams, manage timelines, and ultimately deliver new experiences and enhance existing ones. Building frictionless user experiences is a core part of AffinityX’s strategy and this role will play a key role in helping to achieve those goals.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
Product development and management
- Understand software development and design processes such as agile software development practices, design thinking, etc.
- Be comfortable using industry-standard product management tools such as Jira, Figma, Trello, Invision/Sketch, ProductBoard, etc.
- Specify and oversee customer research to determine the needs of customers
- Assess the competitive landscape for the experiences/features during the research phase and make decisions on the build, buying or partner
- Lead the effort on user experience ideation, development, enhancements, and improvements
- Be familiar with third-party tools that can be integrated to speed up development
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure we are highlighting the right features to the right customers in the right way
- Partner with the Operations team to define the right workflow to deliver efficient, yet high-quality/high-value services to end customers
- Lead, handle, and resolve user experience issues or escalations and deep dive into the root causes of new or recurring issues to mitigate recurrence or any interruption of services and/or client deliverables
- Lead road mapping and management of the user experience backlog--plan, lead sprints, release, and implementation
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans related to the user experience strategy
- Manage and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership, and cross-functional partners.
- Define and measure key metrics to understand and improve the experience
- Drives user experience projects to aggressive deadlines
Client support, communication, and user experience
- Provide support and communication of the new experiences and features to clients (internal and external)
- Evaluate and define technical requirements for overall functionality, new initiatives, and other enhancements to meet or exceed client’s requirements and expectations
- Collaborate with technology and engineering teams to work toward successful project delivery
Technical support, training, and reporting
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, communicating, and updating discovery, implementation, and training documentation to the other teams including Operations
- Measure user experience functionality and user experience acceptance (success or failure)
- Conduct user analysis and research to determine future enhancements/improvements
- Gather feedback from internal teams to inform ongoing usage and improvements
- Act as the SME and lead the training or train-to-trainer programs to ensure teams are up-to-date with the latest experience
- Create data- and metrics-driven reports and communicate to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of product owner experience
- Must have in-depth user experience development/enhancement background and have implemented, built out, and managed software products
- Roadmap development and delivery experience
- Must have strong technical knowledge on the subject matter that enables you to quickly evaluate situations, recommend resolutions, communicate and brainstorm with teams and resolve issues
- Must have experience with conversion and site optimization, audience segmentation, A/B testing, website analytics and versed in running UX experiments and utilizing analytics
- Solid command of BI tools to analyze complex data, experience with Jira
- Meticulous, have sound judgment, passionate about problem-solving, resourceful, and a critical thinker
- Have successfully led data- and metrics-driven technology, product, software projects, and project teams
- Result-oriented, analytical, and self-motivated