IT Systems Administrator
Open to candidates residing in the State of IL.
This position will be one of our critical IT team members who support the development and maintenance of user and client support systems for our SMBs across the globe. We are looking for a strong IT professional who is experienced in providing systems administration, network support and other IT helpdesk support.
This position will have a minimum of 5 years work experience in all the required skills areas.
Position Responsibilities and Experience: (other duties might be assigned)
- Implement and support MS windows-based servers in a production environment
- Maintain essential IT operations, such as operating systems, security tools, applications, email systems, servers, users’ laptops/desktops, software and hardware
- Set up, install and maintain machines (PC and Mac) for users including laptops, desktops, accounts (email and other systems and tools), as well as the setup and routine support of servers within a co-located data center environment
- Perform and troubleshoot server administration tasks such as user/group administration, security permissions, resource monitoring, and software and hardware issues
- Perform new hardware and Windows OS installations, patching and upgrades
- Support, troubleshoot and configure Microsoft Clustering
- Conduct root cause analysis on system error messages, troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Troubleshoot, resolve and communicate networking issues
- Partner with internal and external team members to communicate project, document helpdesk status and activities
Education and experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong knowledge of systems, hardware and protocols
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail, take ownership and responsibility and able to work independently
- Able to work occasional evenings and/or weekends outside of normal business hours for deployments and maintenance
- Customer-focused, and strong ability to work in a team environment
- Good written and oral communication skills with proven documentation of technical specifications experience
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs.
IT Environment Experience Required:
- 5+ years of network administration and system administration experience
- 1+ years of Linux administration (RHEL)
- Windows Server OS administration (Active Directory, DNS)
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Google Apps administration
- Server virtualization (VMWare)
- Server hardware troubleshooting