User Experience Designer
We are looking for a User Experience Designer who can help strategize, envisage, and develop digital products. In this role, you will work with a team of SME’s, product management, and engineers to advocate for the user and drive the vision forward for our core digital products and think holistically of our end-to-end workflow and customer experience to create a differentiated user-centered value proposition in the marketplace.
Our product design team cares for our users. We strive to understand their needs, emotions and behaviors and act as problem solvers during the product development cycle. We believe in design that is humane, significant, ethical, collaborative and simple.
This position will help lead the design strategy and vision of our products supporting an end-to-end workflow touching many different types of users and needs. You should be excited about creating a best-in-class end-to-end experience and passionate about the intersection of service and product design. You will be expected to be a true leader as the first designer of the team and help charter the mission and determine the go forward strategy using your unique skills and perspective.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making of the user experiences in our products
- Own the design process in assigned features or products, selecting the best framework and crafting the artifacts necessary to validate solutions from the early discovery stage to the implementation
- Craft useful, usable, used, beautiful and relevant user interfaces that satisfy users and customers needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and peers to discover, understand, conceptualize, develop, launch and track our products
- Own the process to collect insights to make data-informed decisions when designing
- Lead design rituals to ensure a functional, consistent, cohesive and delightful brand experience
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey designs to stakeholders
- Lead the construction and improvement of our design system
- Develop interaction and UI specs and documentation for the development team
Requirements and experience:
- 7+ years of experience creating and designing UX designs for enterprise products, preferably both internal and external tools. Experience with service design would be a plus
- Proven understanding of applying human-centered design in other products
- Love shipping lean “MVPs” to quickly iterate based on frequent user feedback
- Experience designing products from the understanding stage to the launch
- Experience communicating data insights and presenting concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep human behavior understanding, information architecture and user modeling skills
- A great eye for detail from micro interactions to interaction systems and from pixels to image semantics
- Experience conducting discovery and user validation methodologies
- Experience working with agile methodologies and have great self-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping
- Proficient knowledge in design software such as Figma, Invision Studio, Adobe XD, Framer, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing design systems