Technical Product Management
The VP, Technical Product Management will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Technology, Operations, Marketing and Product teams to build new user interfaces to streamline the ways in which small businesses and our partners interact with us.
This role will help to define requirements, select third party tools, provide feedback to technical and design teams, manage timelines and ultimately deliver new experiences and enhance existing ones. Building frictionless user experiences is a core part of AffinityX’s go-forward strategy and this role will play a key role in helping to achieve that.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
Product development and management
- Understand software development and design processes such as agile software development practices, design thinking, etc.
- Be comfortable using industry-standard product management tools such as Jira, figma, trello, Invision/Sketch, ProductBoard, etc.
- Specify and oversee customer research to determine the needs of customers
- Assess the competitive landscape for the experiences/features during the research phase and make decisions on build, buy or partner
- Lead the effort on user experience ideation, development, enhancements and improvements
- Be familiar with third party tools that can be integrated to speed development
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure we are highlighting the right features to the right customers in the right way
- Partner with the Operations team to define the right workflow to deliver efficient, yet high quality/high value services to end customers
- Lead, handle and resolve user experience issues or escalations and deep dive into the root causes of new or recurring issues to mitigate recurrence or any interruption of services and/or client deliverables
- Lead road mapping and management of the user experience backlog--plan, lead sprints, release and implementation
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans related to the user experience strategy
- Manage and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership, and cross-functional partners.
- Define and measure key metrics to understand and improve the experience
- Drives user experience projects to aggressive deadlines
Client support, communication and user experience
- Provide support and communication of the new experiences and features to clients (internal and external)
- Evaluate and define technical requirements for overall functionality, new initiatives and other enhancements to meet or exceed client’s requirements and expectations
- Collaborate with technology and engineering teams to work toward successful project delivery
Technical product support, training and reporting
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, communicating and updating discovery, implementation and training documentation to the other teams including Operations
- Measure user experience functionality and user experience acceptance (success or failure)
- Conduct user analysis and research to determine future enhancements/improvements
- Gather feedback from internal teams to inform ongoing usage and improvements
- Act as the SME and lead the training or train-to-trainer programs to ensure teams are up-to-date with the latest experience
- Create data- and metrics-driven reports and communicate to stakeholders
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years product owner experience
- Must have in-depth user experience development/enhancement background and have implemented, built out and managed software products
- Roadmap development and delivery experience
- Must have strong technical knowledge on the subject matter that enables you to quickly evaluate situations, recommend resolution, communicate and brainstorm with teams and resolve issues
- Must have experience with conversion and site optimization, audience segmentation, A/B testing, web analytics and versed in running UX experiments and utilizing analytics
- Solid command of BI tools to analyze complex data, experience with Jira
- Meticulous, have sound judgment, passionate about problem-solving, resourceful and a critical thinker
- Have successfully led data- and metrics-driven technology, product, software projects and project teams
- Result-oriented, analytical and self-motivated