VP of Product Management
Are you a B2B Adtech or Martech Product leader whose career to date has featured the integration of third-party and in-house tech tools and services resulting in significantly expanded client stickiness and top line growth? If so, we’d love to hear from you. This is going to be one of our most important and impactful hires we make for the start of 2020.
AffinityX is seeking a hands-on, tactical and strategic lead for our product management team, who will be both an individual contributor especially in Digital Adtech (including social and search) and/ or Martech and as a digital marketing expert who can also lead a team of existing product managers and solutions engineers. Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for integrating most-likely third-party tech into our existing services offerings, to make them stickier, higher quality, and more efficient, as well as for creating new tech-enabled service offerings. This role will therefore play an integral part in the direction and execution of our product roadmap, and has been created to significantly accelerate the pace at which we accomplish this.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that has a unique position in the marketplace - with an opportunity to expand our clients’ revenues with tech-enabled Adtech and Martech services and make a strategic impact on both our business and that of our clients and their customers.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned)
- Pro-actively search for and integrate third-party tech within digital advertising (social, search, programmatic) and Martech for tech that we can integrate and use to support and expand our services
- Combine feedback from visits to customers and prospects, sales, marketing, operations, customers and prospects to design the plan and lead the execution on a full suite of digital products, services and market offerings. Manage the overall Product Management and Commercialization process at Affinity Express
- Work with the executive team to ensure our market offerings support and advance our business model, drive revenue and meet marketing and operational objectives
- Own and drive the holistic digital product roadmap through the full product lifecycle, with accountability for metrics and goals
- Gather and prioritize product and market requirements, define the product vision, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, pricing, positioning, action items, and work closely with the rest of the organization to deliver solutions to competitively address the market’s most pressing needs
- Determine the best option for the delivery of each new market offering: buy, build, partner
- Become an expert on our markets and segments, and the other products and companies in the marketplace
- Be the go-to person within the company in relation to product commercialization
- Set product priorities and negotiate go-to-market dates
- Ensure Affinity Express has the best portfolio of market offerings amongst its competitors and additionally ensure that solution excellence is clearly communicated and received within the market
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA is a plus) and minimum seven years industry experience
- Expertise in customer relations, project and program management
- 7+ years of experience working closely with multi-disciplinary teams to drive product definition and development
- In order to be successful, you will absolutely have a proven background in creating and building tech-enabled services using third-party tech, and creating sticky services for clients.
- Proven results in creating top-line growth and stickiness for clients
- Innate curiosity about the marketplace and business models across the sectors in which Affinity Express operates (e.g. small and medium-business focused media, retail, marketing services, advertising companies)
- Proven results in integrating tech to strengthen services
- Proven results in expanding services and launching new ones - with a good understanding of what this takes operationally to be successful at executing
- The ability to prioritize among many competing alternatives and plans, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Proven success driving product strategy, product releases and product marketing in a B2B services business
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical, problem solving, have self-motivated and organized personality that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Must be able to translate and mentor others in the translation of ideas into measurable results
- You will be someone who rolls up their sleeves to help us accomplish what we need to as a team and as a company
- Strong time management and prioritizing skills with the flexibility to recalibrate quickly according to changing requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and team leadership experience. Must be able to lead a group that is global and ensure the group delivers on projects as committed