'Sleigh’ the Holidays with Digital Marketing Solutions
By Adam Burnham, Senior Vice President, Interactive Sales & Services / October 27, 2022
Gear up for the busiest shopping season of the year. According to eMarketer, US Holiday retail sales are expected to reach $1.3 Trillion in 2022. As consumers shift their shopping habits, omnichannel marketing strategies are crucial to ensure holiday advertising plans are successful. Early planning is KEY to reach shoppers ahead of the peak holiday shopping season.
Over the past decade, consumers have been kicking off their holiday shopping earlier in order to spread their budgets and avoid last-minute stresses of holiday shopping.
According to the National Retail Federation, 49% of shoppers took advantage of early holiday sales before Thanksgiving. In fact, the TOP TEN days for retail sales are:
- November 26th (Black Friday)
- November 29th (Cyber Monday)
- November 28th
- November 27th
- November 30th (Giving Tuesday)
- December 13th
- December 14th
- December 6th
- December 10th
- December 8th
OMNICHANNEL IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS
The highest inflation in roughly 40 years is prompting people to shift their shopping habits. An omnichannel marketing strategy empowers retailers to integrate digital touchpoints, providing more channels for customer purchase and ultimately driving traffic and sales.
Consumers spend an average of 10% more when reached with omnichannel campaigns, and with the average adult spending over 8 hours/day with digital media, it’s imperative to incorporate digital advertising tactics into your strategy. These solutions are vital for your holiday campaign's success.
Digital advertising is:
- Faster to market
- Easily measurable
- Provides flexibility across channels
- Reaches customers across the purchase funnel
Using multi-tactic digital media campaigns will increase the likelihood of your message reaching your target audience across all device types:
- Campaigns that utilize multiple channels experience a 3x lift in effectiveness versus those that use non-integrated campaigns
- 51% of brands use at least 8 marketing channels to stay in front of - and interact with - their target audience.
- Social Media & Television – Nielsen Research found that campaigns with touchpoints across both television and Facebook experienced a 12-point lift in brand recall compared to campaigns that took place on a single channel.
AffinityX can help you with cutting-edge digital solutions targeting holiday shoppers, across all platforms and devices, with conversion rates that are up to 10x the national average for consumer engagement. We partner with campaigns of all sizes to develop and execute marketing strategies tailored to generate what matters most - measurable results.