Sales Development Representative
AffinityX is looking for a Sales Development Representative to develop and grow relationships with decision makers and influencers in our target markets. This role requires an entrepreneurial attitude, tenacity and enthusiasm for connecting with people. This entry level sales position is the front line of our sales organization, it will be your responsibility to execute targeted outreach to engage prospects, qualify buying interest, and educate them about our business and the opportunities for profitable revenue generation we can bring to them and ultimately set an appointment for our sales team to engage with them.
The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our database of C and senior level prospects within targeted vertical markets, such as broadcast media companies and advertising agencies, and research targeted accounts to identify key influencers and decision makers. You will update and expand our competitive tracking information, to assist our sales team in understanding what partners and solutions our target accounts may be evaluating.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties: (other duties may be assigned)
- Research targeted accounts to complete a business profile with rich insights into the account, including identifying key influencers and decision makers. Tools can include web searches, LinkedIn, and others as appropriate.
- Clearly articulate the AffinityX business value proposition and assess buying interest
- Qualify leads using the AX ideal customer profile and score each qualified lead
- Continually research and identify new lead generation resources
- Collaborate with marketing to build targeted, personalized nurturing campaigns
- Nurture leads until they are qualified and adhere to a formal hand off process from leads to sales with opportunity definitions and sales notifications
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of AffinityX services, competitive positioning and industry trends to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and articulate market feedback
- Manage data in AX CRM
- Meet a quota for qualified appointments set
The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. He or she is a highly effective communicator and respectfully persistent in getting our message out.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent
- 1-3 years in sales support, or sales role; sales experience in local media or digital advertising preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and social communication
- Knowledge and experience in working in the interactive service/digital industry
- Exceptional skills in nurturing and qualifying leads and prospecting
- Proven record of achieving and exceeding measurable goals in previous roles
- Proven ability to thrive in a competitive environment and adapt to change
- Proficient in CRM’s and other similar tools
- Prior inside sales or phone sales experience preferred